Ultimate Concern


Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to be worried about our own souls, and other people's bellies. -- Rabbi Israel Salanter 1810-1883

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Update

Yes, I'm still planning to attend the Graduate Theological Union at Berkeley. No, it's not going to be Fall of '09. The economy is rough for many right now, and I seem to be among them. I have no doubt, though, that this too will pass and things will change. I have a vocation and a strong will.

I'm deferring enrollment for a year, to give us more time to gather our rosebuds while we may, before moving on to a larger garden. This is merely a delay.

Meantime, I'm looking for extra work as a freelance writer. Know of work? Please send it my way, and thanks!

If you care to follow my progress in a more relaxed, personal vein, pop on over to Musings of a Mystic Mess where you can follow (and rate!) me as this amazing journey continues. I'm also on Facebook, if you can handle both academics and web 2.0 technology.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments: